Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product and facility design, to installation and training, our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Procurement and Logistics Specialist to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with the development of efficient and high-quality procurement and logistics. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of these practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Establish purchasing standards relative to lead times, quantities and approved suppliers
- Establish shipping and receiving standards
- Assist in maintenance of the Approved Supplier List
- Develop guidelines relative to the use of Fishbowl as a purchasing, receiving, and inventory management tool
- Liaise with carriers to establish cost effective means of shipping and logistics.
- Maintain the regular review and assessment of suppliers
- Understand, analyze, and prepare reports on purchasing data from an accounting point of view
- Liaise with accounting team on purchases and reporting
- Promote and sustain lean purchasing and inventory practices
- Communicate delivery data to Production and Engineering, particularly in relation to deviations from expected or promised dates
- Communicate contractual obligations to Accounting and Engineering on large expenditures
- Research and source alternative suppliers or parts and materials
- Negotiate, execute and monitor purchasing contracts
- Maintain a strong working relationship with suppliers and delivery resources
- Maintain inventory min’s and max’s
- Ensure that all P.O.’s are valid and current
- Ensure that the parts codes and BOM descriptions match engineering’s drawings and keep the system clean from obsolete descriptions
- A minimum of 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and learn new technologies independently
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level
- Experience with MRP or ERP system required
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting system required
- Experience with accounting data analysis and reporting is an asset
- Experience with ISO 9001 certification is an asset
- Experience with procurement and supplier development is an asset
- Fair and respected negotiator
- Depth of product knowledge
- Computer skills
- Organized data manager
- Strong team player
- Calm demeanour
Key Performance Metrics:
- Inventory turns
- Maintain minimum cost of goods sold
- Quantity purchasing cost controls
- On-time deliveries
- Growth of new and existing vendor resources
- Development of alternative sourcing solutions
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com