We are looking for a new full-time staff member to join our accounting team. Based from your home office in Ontario, your role will be to take on the responsibilities of a bookkeeper/full cycle accountant and ensure the day to day accounting function is managed efficiently and effectively for our joint venture companies. You will work closely with our existing accounting team in Langley and report directly to our Senior Financial Controller which requires you to be a capable, effective communicator both online and off. As you will be based in Ontario you must also possess the ability to work independently, with limited supervision and support.
World-Class Extractions (WCE) is a Vancouver based publicly traded company that operates through two vertically integrated subsidiaries: Soma Labs Scientific and Greenmantle Products.
From proprietary industrial grade equipment, custom build processing facilities, ancillary products and scientific services – World-Class Extractions (WCE) provides turn-key extraction and processing solutions for the cannabis and hemp industries with whom we partner.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation *based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible working environment and office hours.
- Opportunities for professional learning, growth, and career advancement.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
FULL CYCLE ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller of the Company, the Full Cycle Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of the bookkeeping and accounting function, including liaising with management and external accountants. The ideal candidate has excellent communication/interpersonal skills, an eye for detail, and a sound knowledge of accounting practices and principles. You must also possess the ability to work independently, with limited supervision and support.
- Look after both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Reconciliation of all GL accounts, preparation of journal entries to effect reconciliations, variance analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts and preparation of preliminary reports for the Controller
- Contributes to the preparation of all financial statements and working papers to assist in external audits (i.e. quarter end, year-end financial statement, CRA, WCB, internal, etc.) in accordance with Canadian GAAP and in compliance with CRA regulation and company policies.
- Assistance with preparation of payroll and GST/PST filings.
- Responding to CRA queries
- Oversees and provides guidance to the bookkeeper to ensure timely input.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and must be comfortable communicating and liaising with various team members and stakeholders.
- Cross trains into other areas for overflow and vacation coverage, AR & AP
- Understand and facilitate processes; propose and develop procedures to improve efficiency.
- Undertake other initiatives and projects in response to changing business conditions and as directed
- College, University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 3 years+ of full cycle bookkeeping/accounting work experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Reliable, mature and hardworking in nature
- Able to work independently, with limited supervision and support
- Ability to display strong level of initiative, critical thinking, and deadline driven
- Excellent communication, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Detail oriented and deadline driven in providing information and report requests
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel and QuickBooks (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of online communication platforms including Skype, Xoom etc.
- Experience working with growing companies
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
World-Class Extractions (WCE) and its subsidiaries, are Equal Opportunity Employers.
#Accountant #Accounting #Bookkeeper #Finance #Cannabis #Hemp
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org